Andong Mask Dance Festival
The Andong region has many renowned historical and cultural sites, such as Hahoe Village. However, the major cultural attraction of the region is the Andong Mask Dance Festival.
Visitors to the festival can enjoy the many performances of Korea’s traditional mask dances. These dances are an important part of Korea’s heritage, in particular thebyeolsingut talnori dance, which has been designated an Important Intangible Cultural Asset of Korea. International mask dance troupes have also been invited to the festival, so visitors are exposed to folk culture from around the world.
As well as performances, events in the festival program also include mask dance competitions and mask dance lessons, which are available for international visitors.
Sep. 25 ~ Oct. 04, 2015
239 Yuksa-ro, Andong-si, Gyeongsangbuk-do, 경상북도 안동시 육사로 239 (운흥동)
Downtown Andong area, Maskdance Park (탈춤공원), Hahoe Village, Culture Street
• 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-54-841-6397~8
Sponsors / Management
Andong-si / Andong Festival Tourism Foundation
The Mask Dance Festival has over 50 events and hands-on experience programs including the National & International Mask Dance Performance, World Mask Competition, original mask performances, mask dance learning, madang play, original puppet plays, a world mask exhibit, mask making and more.
1) Mask Dance theater
– Individual: Adults (ages 19-64) 7,000 won / Students & Seniors (ages 65 and more) 5,000 won
– Group ticket: Adults (ages 19-64) 5,000 won / Students & Seniors (ages 65 and above) 4,000 won
– Field Trip ticket (Discounted): Students 2,000 won
– One day pass: 30,000 won (all ages for 10 days)
2) Hahoe Folk Village
– Individual: Adults (ages 19-64) 3,000 won / Juniors (ages 13-18) & Soldiers 1,500 won / Children 1,000 won
– Group ticket: Adults (ages 19-64) 2,500 won / Juniors (ages 13-18) & Soldiers 1,200 won / Children (ages 7-12) 900 won
* Tickets for Hahoe Village include round trip bus fares from the festival to Hahoe. * Group discounts are available for groups with 30 persons or more.
– Korean Mask dance performances
– World mask dance performances
– Madanggeuk / Puppetry
– World talnolyi (Mask Play) contest
– Arts Exhibition: Molding / Painting
– Ttalnolyi Parade
– Mask Dance Lesson
– World Mask Exhibition
From Dong Seoul Bus Terminal, take an intercity bus bound for Andong Bus Terminal. (Intervals: 30 min)
From the terminal, take a taxi to Mask Dance Park (탈춤공원, 15 min).
Hahoe Folk Village
Take Bus 46 at the bus stop across from Andong Intercity Bus Terminal.
Get off at Hahoe Folk Village. (40 min)
* Bus 46: 06:20-18:20 / Departs 10 times per day.
– Cheongnyangni Station (Seoul Subway Line 1) → Andong Station
06:10, 08:10, 10:25, 13:00, 15:00, 17:00, 19:00, 21:00 (Departs 7 times per day)
– Andong Station → Cheongnyangni Station (Seoul Subway Line 1)
02:18, 07:05, 08:30, 11:15, 13:20, 15:15, 17:15, 19:15 (Departs 8 times per day)
From Andong Station, take a tour bus to the venue.
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese, French, Spanish, German)