Spend Your Time in Korean Folk Village
Once you got a short break on your business trip or your own travel, don’t waste it. It will show you ancient Korea in a half day hours, for sure. You will be picked up at your hotel, spend the time enjoying Korean ancient folk life in Korean Folk Village, and come back to your hotel by driver again.
The Korean Folk Village is home to numerous collections of Korean cultural artifacts, providing an opportunity for Korean children to experience and learn the culture of their ancestors firsthand. The site provides a venue to promote traditional Korean culture to both domestic and international visitors, and provides an open-air learning place for succeeding generations. The village has been developed to convey the wisdom and the spirits of our ancestors to both domestic and international tourists.
Course: Hotel – Korean Folk Village – Hotel
As soon as arriving at Korean Folk Village, I went to the performance area to see the ‘farmer’s music and dance’. There were already a lot of people and many people were enjoying the traditional performance. After finishing the performance, you can take pictures with performers.
The second performance I saw was ‘Acrobatics on a Tightrope walking’. That is a performance that demonstrates skills and boasts a witty talk on the shaky tightrope and was designated as important intangible asset No. 58 of the country. (Listed in 2011 as UNESCO Intangible Human Heritage) He acts will likely fall but flies in the air jumping on the tightrope. You can watch the performance only in Korea. This performance starts at 14:30. If you want to see the great performance that has only in Korea, visit the Korean folk village now!
The interesting one in this folk village, it’s a historical drama filming location. You can take pictures with Korean paper model actors and actresses. Also, there are hand-printings of them such as Lee Dong-wook, Lee-jun ki.
After finishing the tour, all travelers from abroad are satisfied with Korean folk village. You can experience the Korean traditional houses that real existed in Joseon dynasty (1392 ~ 1897) and while walking around this village, you can see a few of interesting people working as the people in Joseon dynasty.
Come and enjoy the nice weather and feel relaxed. Also, you can have a cool rice wine with Korean traditional food in the Food Court.
Korean Folk Village
The lifestyle of Korean people, with a history extending back more than 5,000 years, abruptly changed following the Kabo Peasant War (1894), the Japanese invasion of Korea (1910-1945), and the Korean War (1950-1953). When the Korean economy surged in the 1960s, the Office of Cultural Properties started to value the establishment and operation of a folk museum. The economy, society, and culture in Korea underwent a tremen-dous change in pursuit of the Saemaeul Movement (movement for regional development), promoted nationwide in the 1970s. During this period, the government, influenced by the Foreigners’ Tourism Promotion Policy, formedan advisory council on January 15, 1972 to research the establishment of the Korean Folk Village. Accordingly, the Korean Folk Village was foundedon May 8, 1973, and the privatization of the Folk Village was officially approved by the government on September 18, 1973.
Afternoon Korean Folk Village Tour
minimum Pax: 4
The Important Notice for Tour Reservation
– Please enter your hotel information (such as Hotel name, room number and hotel number) and E-mail address for efficient pick up on the tour day.
– After the reservation, you will receive a confirmation E-mail about the pick-up time and tour information. If you didn’t receive it in 3 days, please remind us to firstname.lastname@example.org.
– All the tour includes a tour guide, Transportation (except for walking tour) and admission fee.
– Child Fare: 10 to 30% discount under 10 years old
– If you cancel your reservation on the tour day, 100% cancellation fee will be charged.
– In the morning tour, we drop off all guests at Seoul City Hall.
– We have no responsibility for your personal incidents and losses during all the tour.
– Pick up time might be changed depending on the traffic conditions.
– All major credit cards are accepted in our travel agency.