Baekje Cultural Festival, 1400 years’ dream of Great Baekje
Baekje is a name of a nation that was located in the southwestern section of the ancient Korean peninsula and was destroyed by Silla in AD 660 after its formation of three kingdoms period along with Goguryeo and Silla. The name Baekje was changed several times and depending on records, it was introduced in various nicknames.
Ruins of ancient Korea dynasties, traditional styled houses that still well-preserved.. Your day will be full of all these various historical things.
Gongju National Museum
King Muryong’s Tomb
It was found when drainage work was conducted to prevent water penetration into the Songsanri old tombs No. 5 and 6 in 1971 and excavated for the first time about 1,500 years after it was made. In particular, people were so excited because the tomb clearly recorded that the tomb was for King Muryeong and his wife. According to excavation, the tomb of King Muryong looked like a small hill . Its diameter was about 20m and its height was 7.7m from the bottom. However, as times went by, it was seriously damaged. Then, it is estimated that the tomb was much bigger than it is now.
The front side consists of a single room and the section is a long rectangular shape from south to north. There is a passage into a tomb in the middle. The wall is vertical from the top to the bottom, that is, south to north. The east and west side is formed with arch ceiling with gradual curve. The inner side of the tomb is 4.2m from south to north and 2.72m from east to west. The height from the top to the bottom in the middle is 3.14m. The tomb burying King and his wife is built in the basic dimension without waste of space. On the walls, long bricks and small bricks are piled up in turn. Four long bricks are horizontally piled up and 11 small bricks are vertically piled up in four horizontal piling and one vertical piling method.
Gongju & Buyeo Tour
minimum Pax: 3
The Important Notice for Tour Reservation
– Please enter your hotel information (such as Hotel name, room number and hotel number) and E-mail address for efficient pick up on the tour day.
– After the reservation, you will receive a confirmation E-mail about the pick-up time and tour information. If you didn’t receive it in 3 days, please remind us to email@example.com.
– All the tour includes a tour guide, Transportation (except for walking tour) and admission fee.
– Child Fare: 10 to 30% discount under 10 years old
– If you cancel your reservation on the tour day, 100% cancellation fee will be charged.
– In the morning tour, we drop off all guests at Seoul City Hall.
– We have no responsibility for your personal incidents and losses during all the tour.
– Pick up time might be changed depending on the traffic conditions.
– All major credit cards are accepted in our travel agency.